Old 12-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Sue

Default garlic

I have discovered the odd garlic that I missed harvesting, and it is now
shooting.

Should I lift and divide the cloves and replant them?

Sue

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

---

Old 12-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Robert

:
: Should I lift and divide the cloves and replant them?
:
: Sue

No, let it be and it'll do it's stuff

Old 12-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Gary Woods

"Sue" wrote:

Should I lift and divide the cloves and replant them?

If you don't divide, you'll get small crowded bulbs next season.
If you do divide, you may harm the root system and stunt the new bulbs a
bit. But not likely as much as not dividing.
If you've already got plenty of garlic planted, why not let the tops grow
for a bit, and pull for "green garlic." Use like scallions.

Old 17-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Sue

"Sue" wrote:

Should I lift and divide the cloves and replant them?

If you don't divide, you'll get small crowded bulbs next season.
If you do divide, you may harm the root system and stunt the new bulbs a
bit. But not likely as much as not dividing.
If you've already got plenty of garlic planted, why not let the tops grow
for a bit, and pull for "green garlic." Use like scallions.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

I think I would be inclined to separate (carefully) and replant. The
garlic
has developed a root system and will probably do well. Green Garlic or
scallions are nice and that would be a good way to go. I like having the
option of either eating or replanting the bulbs that would be produced
from
separation. You have two good options. Good luck and good eating!
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada.

Thanks both!

Next time we have some decent weather I shall be out there dividing some and
leaving some!

Sue

---

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Speaking of garlic... John S. DeBoo Edible Gardening 4 29-05-2003 10:20 PM
Elphant Garlic Bill Edible Gardening 11 29-05-2003 05:20 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
Does garlic set seed? Robert cubitt United Kingdom 2 20-10-2002 09:39 PM