Old 17-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Vox Humana

"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message

- Nehmo -
Actually, I'm doing a non-gardening building contract for a customer,
and the customer added-on this little planting job. I hired (for a day)
a girl, Jacky, who had the experience of having had worked at a retail
nursery for years. Jacky was _very_ knowledgeable, and she recommended
planting the un-sprouted emperors, but she said the small tulips, which
had sprouted, should go inside. Knowing very little on the subject
myself, I deferred to her. Now, after reading on the subject, I'll get
her back and have her plant them despite her opinion.

However, I'm still not sure. Jacky could talk forever on the subject of
planting bulbs. I may have her talk directly with the customer and take
myself out of the decision loop.

If the bulbs were not bought pre-chilled, they won't bloom if you bring them
inside unless you pot them and put them in the refrigerator for about 6
weeks. Simply bringing them inside would be worthless.