Old 19-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Broadback

Neil Tonks wrote:
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...

In a recent edition of a trade magazine Peter Seabrook has spoken

out

quite
strongly about TV gardeners and the poor advice they give at

times. In

particular, he writes of one such suggesting that people plant

tulips

bulb-to-bulb along a wall and then saying a while later that it's

better

space them to avoid tulip fire! He wonders whether these people

ever

actually trial the advice they give. His rather depressing

comment is

that
the gap between real gardeners and garden presenting is now so

great that

he
doubts it can ever be bridged - sad thought for new gardeners
particularly,
I think.
--
Sacha

SNIP
I've written here before about the impractical advice given. Also they
seem to think we have an inexhaustible supply of money. The Gardeners
show on Friday showed them planting up a paved area for Christmas, not
the whole year. I hate to think how much money was spent, they glibly
mentioned the pots being so cheap at £45, then went on to use quite a
number, that was not mentioning the mature plants. Cloud cuckoo land,
me thinks!