Old 20-12-2004, 03:15 AM
Tex John

I can't understand why one would think an arborist would have the "needed"
insurance...

I have my own corporation, install doors and do other work, and know one
need not get worker's comp nor unemployment insurance without employees
since the owners don't qualify for them. In fact, the State asks you not to
even apply for such!

And arborists are more likely to be self employed than most....even
foresters...not that I truly care or want to start an arguement nor flame
the original poster...

John

"mdvaden" wrote in message

You might consider contacting a pro like a golf course superintendent or
university campus landscape supervisor. Sometimes, they hire arborists,
and they care about who they hire.

You could go to http://www.isa-arbor.com - click to enter, then on the
menu select the option to find an arborist. Then enter your zip code to
find a Certified Arborist.

If you don't want soliciting, tell them up front. And let them know you
don't want free advice. That way you are paying just for consulting.

There are consulting arborists that just do consulting. Often, their
niche is indicated.

--
mdvaden