Old 20-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Pat Brennan

Default Happy Solstice

Days start getting longer this week. Happy Solstice to all. Well not
really all, sorry guys down under. Light the fires and party Tuesday. If
the weather doesn't change a fire in the woodstove will do.

10.3 F outside right now, we may still hit single digits before dawn.
Sensaphone called, howling winds had blown open door. Since I was up I did
the pass and found the pump room at -2C. I do not do metric, but I know
anything -C in a pump room is not good. Can you make a living growing
orchids? Oh, its a living alright. You could loose a greenhouse on a night
like tonight. It not good enough to have a good alarm, you either have to
fix the problem or get someone that can before damage is done. I though it
might be good to have a thread of thinks we wished me knew after that 3 AM
call.

This one has come up more than once here.

Oil burners. That red reset button. If after the button is pushed, the
furnace burns for a few seconds and then trips the button again. Clean the
optical eye in the square box. The red button should only trip when there
is not a fire in the box.