Old 19-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

I suspect that most of us have put together filters of various sorts. Ours
are veggie filters (small ponds with a slow water flow and loads of plants.
The muck settles and the plants and bacteria deal with the nitrites. Ours
get drained (2" bottom drain) each spring. No filter material to clog.
Ours can be seen on our website. Let me or rec.ponds know if you have
details to ask.

Can you do a veggie filter? We think them the easiest. Others may
vehemently disagree.

You will get loads of other suggestions.

Jim
Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message
I plan to buy a new pump next year for my 2000 gallon pond. It has goldfish
in and one koi. I would like an external filter but as the pump will cost
fortune and the pond only exists because I rescued the fish last year from
someone who was about to dump them in a river I don't want to spend more
than I can afford. The pond cost me enough in labour and liner and plants
etc. So, has anyone ever built their own filter or does anyone know where
might find a 'how to'?