Old 20-12-2004, 06:15 PM

Pat Brennan wrote:
Days start getting longer this week. Happy Solstice to all. Well

not
really all, sorry guys down under. Light the fires and party

Tuesday. If
the weather doesn't change a fire in the woodstove will do.

10.3 F outside right now, we may still hit single digits before dawn.

Sensaphone called, howling winds had blown open door.

Brr, it was cold here in North Carolina, too. The local news said 12
F, but "weatherbug" which has a weather station closer to our house
said 9 F at 6:00 am. The wind really makes a difference. This isn't
the coldest night that we've had in the past few years, but it was the
first time that my Southern Burner couldn't keep up. With the
thermostat set at 60 F, the temperature bottomed out at about 55 early
this morning. I tried to put a small electic space heater in the
greenhouse, but the door was frozen shut. At least that prevents the
winds from blowing it open!

I nipped home at lunchtime to find 75 F in a greenhouse filled with the
fragrance of the Osmanthus fragrans that I moved in there yesterday.
Ahhhh.

Nick