Old 20-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Jim Lewis

On 20 Dec 2004 at 21:30, Kirby Johnson wrote:

on the branches that cascade, 3 main, then their extremities. (there is
some green but more brown is developing, so about 50%?) I did re pot
from the plastic one I had gotten it in, to just a large ceramic one,
when I bought it a few months ago. I water ever couple of days,
sometimes less because of rain. I usualy wait till the soil is dry first.

I'd guess that (every 2 days) would be much too often at any
time, but especially at this time of year when they don't need
or use much water, and especially in the original nursery soil.

Test for dryness with a chopstick jammed half-way down to the
bottom of the pot. Remove it daily and test the stick for
moisture. If moist, don't water. If dry, water.

Overwatering may not be the cause of your problem (if you have
one), but despite Bonsai Today's recent article on watering,
overwatering IS the cause of death for too many beginner's
trees.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++