Old 21-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Sacha

On 21/12/04 9:37 am, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

Thewhite-flowered Tree Dahlia (imperialis) which I mentioned flowering
at Abbotsbury recently, has made the local (Weymouth) newspaper.
Today I had a phone call from the friend who took me to Abbotsbury, to
read me the item.
The Tree Dhlia originates from Mexico and has obviously been in the
gardens for a few years, but does not often flower, according to the
garden's curator, Stephen Griffiths.
I am still no wiser about the different colours you mentioned; Sacha's
gold and David Hill's pink. Has anyone any more info?
Season's greetings to all.

I must have missed something, somewhere. Our tree Dahlia is a single pink
when flowering, not gold. David Hill's is a lovely double pink and much
more interesting, IMO. Our guess is that ours is the species because (IIRC)
Philips & Rix show it and their pic is identical to what we have. But for a
white one, look at
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/cgi/g...y?q=asteraceae
and scroll down to the appropriate link.
Ours is much more like the one in this link:
http://www.wgltd.co.uk/edenimperialis.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk