Old 20-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Jim Lewis

On 20 Dec 2004 at 15:11, Kirby Johnson wrote:

I recently wired a juniper (the common kind you get at the nursery)
about a month ago. It's a cascade style; the ends are doing fine, but
closer to the trunk I'm getting dead spots.

On ALL branches? What percentage of the branch (50? 20???) is
going brown.

I don't know if this could
be do to the weather (I doubt it because my other smaller trees are
thriving) or something else. Any ideas?

Not weather in zone 9. How often do you water? As Iris says,
the tree should be dormant (even in z9) now. It will need much
less water, and junipers don't need much, anyway.

Did you repot?

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++