Old 22-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Victoria Clare

Janet Galpin wrote in
:

I would like to have a go at growing kiwi fruits in South Lincolnshire
against a south-facing wall. What are my chances of obtaining a
reasonable crop?
The variety Jenny is often on offer though I believe the fruit are
quite small. Is this the best one to try or are there any new
varieties that give bigger crops?
I would be grateful for any experiences of growing kiwis that anyone
has had.

They are very easy to grow - in fact a bit thuggish - can cope with dry
stony soil - are more difficult to get to flower and fruit.

Most varieties are male and female - Jenny is widely offered because it's
self-fertile.