Old 23-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Janet Galpin

The message
from "Oxymel of Squill" contains these words:

I used to get three or four carrier bagfuls every year in north London. Not
big fruit but more than respectable eating. I can't remember the
variety, it
wasn't self fertile, there was a pair of them. It rampaged all the way
along
the rear on my house and provided good shade in summer.
I'm growing a self fertile one now along my garage wall in N
Cambridgeshire,
it seems much less enthusiastic but has been there only since last spring

Have a go.

I'm not that far from you, so I think I will have a go. I'm trying an
apricot too in much the same spot, which is also a bit of a gamble, I
guess.

Janet G

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Janet Galpin wrote:

I would like to have a go at growing kiwi fruits in South Lincolnshire
against a south-facing wall. What are my chances of obtaining a
reasonable crop?