Old 23-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Gail Futoran

"Bob Koerber" wrote

Not just the midwest it hit the deep south also 26 at 1:10 in the
afternoon. Looks like the first time in 2 years that we don't get above
freezing. Tonight looks like about 15 and about 10 tomorrow night. The
big pond (.4 acre) is getting a good coating of ice on it. But the Koi
are snug as a bug in the rug inside the heated greenhouse. Water temp is
about 65 degrees or so at least thats how it felt when I stepped into it
on accident last weekend! So much for ladder safety. Bob in North
Alabama

Not quite as cold here (Southcentral TX) but enough
that I covered both above ground ponds overnight. I
still get some ice but not much. Fortunately my
in-ground pond stays warm enough that it never freezes.

Gail
near San Antonio TX