Old 24-12-2004, 04:09 PM
shazzbat

"Rod" wrote in message
Nice one. And folks wonder why I don't do works parties. Ours was on
Wednesday, I spent a lovely wet afternoon slithering over felled trees
dragging the winch cable behind me. Made plenty of work for everbody
to work off the fat after the holidays.

So what's been the best laugh you've had at a works do? A place I worked at
some years ago had the party organised by a suit who was renowned for either
duplicating or not doing things, and of course the more important, the more
likely to be wrong. So the employee who was playing santa stitched him up a
treat, the dance floor had two entrances and the suit was standing in front
of them , expecting santa to come through the one on the right and Ho ho ho
everyone to bits.

Whart happened was that a santa came through each of the doors into the
middle of the dance floor, "noticed" each other, then proceeded to have a
punch up in the middle of the floor.

When the suit realised he'd been stitched up, him and the proper Santa had a
furious row followed by a real punch up in the bar, and Santa got a bloody
nose for his trouble. The rest of us had a damn good giggle though.

Steve