Old 25-12-2004, 03:08 PM
madgardener

I just love these people who come on this newsgroup and attempt to be funny.
"DavidPT40" wrote in message
I was eating some apples the other day and I saved the seeds.

Good thing you didn't eat those seeds, David. They have a little bit of
poison in them. Just a wee bit.....not much. It would take a LOT of apple
seeds to make you sick or kill you.................
I planted
them in my garden a few days ago. How long till my apple plants grow?

Well, depending on if you stratified them (nicking them or letting them pass
thru your digestive system, which means you woulda had to pawed thru your
feces to locate the seeds that have now been readied for germination)
they'll sprout as soon as they realize it's spring. Or maybe never, if they
realize this is a bullshit question..............
really want some apples soon, hope my apple bushes sprout in early

January.
Ok, so if they sprout come springtime, you should have apples in
say............seven years. Or eight depending on if you accidentally whack
the sapling with a weed whacker.........
I fertilized them with some vinegar and put some snow around them to keep
them from getting too hot.

Good deal. I hope you used cider vinegar. And the snow will actually help
those poor little things. I suggest you try again. Eat a Granny Smith apple,
and when you feel the urge to go, go outside, make a hole in the snow and
take yourself a good dump. Then cover the dump with the soil and snow and
get back to us when those seeds sprout come spring thaw.
madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountian in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Thanks