Old 26-12-2004, 03:31 AM

Hello, I have a 20g tank witha nasty bacterial bloom. I'd like to get
some anacharis in there mainly because I like live plants, and I

don't
have a very bright lighting system. The problem is, I am currently
cutting the lights to being on for about 2 or 3 hours, due to the
bacterial bloom. So, how kcuh higher would I need to knock up the

time
the lights are so the anacharis will live. I however do not want the
anacharis turing into a weed, as I have heard they can with too much
lighting. Thanks in advance for help.
Wishing all a happy new year,
Evan Davis

According to
www.thekrib.com, the solution to algae problem is
controlling the nitrate to phosphate ratio. According to
www.tropica.com, Anacharis is suppose to produce antibiotic substances,
so if you have your water quality right, the Anacharis will solve your
bacteria problem. Cutting light to your Anacharis is probably not a
good idea.