Old 27-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Ka30P

If mink are prevalent enough in the area for you to know they are there then
I'd say they might be who has been in your pond.

Mink are excellent swimmers and fish is part of their diet. As a whole they
like to stick close to water so will be found closer to streams, lakes,
wetlands and ponds.

Do you see bite marks on the fish left by the side of the pond?

Reason I ask is I have a clumsy kingfisher who visits my pond from time to
time. He will take out a fish, fly to a tree and then loose hold of the fish,
dropping it on the ground, where the poor fish stays until I find it.

Critter deterrents you can try if you'd like a
netting the pond
electric barrier fencing
motion detection sprinklers (depending
on how cold your winter is)