Old 27-12-2004, 07:34 PM
James T Harwood

At 12:28 PM 12/27/2004, Alan Walker wrote:
Is Kelthane safe for buttonwood? Since buttonwood isn't a common
nursery plant, it won't be listed on any of the standard label
information.

I should have responded to this one initially, but I understood from the
post that the spots were on the top of the buttonwood leaves. I'll bet
that the "rust" is on the bottom.

I have not used Kelthane on buttonwood, but it is labeled as a specific
mitricide and I have used Pantac, Avid and Mavrick (which are mitricides
also) on buttonwood with no ill effects and that is what I use when the
tiny mites get on my plants. Here in Arkansas the mites do little damage,
they much prefer my Ficus salisifolia, so I seldom need to spray.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++