Old 28-12-2004, 12:40 AM
rider

I am running a sequence 7200 pump for mine. Unfortunately I didnt
have time before winter to try it out. I ran out of time this fall to
start it up so being that its the first winter for me I decided to
just let the pond freeze over this year. Next year I plan on using a
submersible pump during the winter for a breather hole in the ice. I
have just over 5000 gallons with 1 skimmer and 2 biofalls. I
positioned my pump in my shed and ran a 3" intake line from the
skimmer to the pump. This line abouts 25 feet long. From the pump to
my biofalls I ran (1) 2" line and split it right before the biofalls.
The head is about 3-1/2 feet. I also used a check valve located in the
skimmer to hold water for priming the pump. At each biofall I have a
gate valve to regulate the flow incase I need it.

hope this helps,
Rick

On 23 Dec 2004 08:31:07 -0800, wrote:

Hi,
I put in my pond this past spring and now I need to make all that
changes I wanted to make this summer and ran out of time
1st thing is, because of budget, I had to go with a cheap home depot
special sump pump for the pond. I would like to upgrade. I think I
would prefer an external pump and I have heard great things about
sequence pumps. Pond is 3 1/2 feet at its deepest. about 1200 gallons I
estimate. What would be a good pump? What is the best way to plumb it,
that is where do I run the intake to etc. Berfore I just had the sump
sitting on the bottom of the oposite side of the pond from the
"waterfall"

2nd thing is the "waterfall" is not a waterfall at all but just the
water flowing out of the filter into the pond. I will be building a
skippy fiter and want it to run into a waterfall. Heres what I begining
of last spring.

http://miltonsoffice.com/pond.jpg
based on my best guess its about 1200 gallons
Any suggestions?