Old 25-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 16:22:28 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Ditto.

This is where the concept of Dead Orchid Units comes in. A second
subscription is only 2-3 Dead Orchid Units. That is to say, would anything
you'd have learned from such a purchase have saved you 2-3 dead orchids?

K Barrett
You can't have too many books

Should I subscribe to The Orchid Digest or the IPA?
I know IPA is quite more expensive, is it worth it?
Thanks for your input

Claude

Even if the OD comes only once a quarter - it is very powerful
eye candy as well as very good reading. It also has the
reputation of coming out on time. Not something AOS can say
about Orchids. If you really want Phal Information and want to
JUST try the magazine they did a tremendous issue about Phal.
http://orchiddigest.safeshopper.com/9/32.htm?21
For $22 US you can order the magazine as a separate issue.
There is also one on Paphs that has as much information as most
books and it is only $12.
http://orchiddigest.safeshopper.com/9/10.htm?21
This is one way to sample.

You would have the best of the ODC's information and could go
after the IPA next year to see if it qualifies or if you want to
get ODC's magazine.

Not being an IPA member I have not read their magazine to give an
opinion. I do think OD is worth every penny. We originally
felt it was pretty pricey for only 4 issues. But these are
really done as small books. IT is worth the dollars.
SuE