Old 30-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Diana Kulaga

Sadly, not too much cheer in SE Asia - last I heard, death toll was
80,000 & rising. A dreadful tragedy. When you think of the human
devastation caused in all those neighbouring countries, I get very
angry that our media go on at such length about 8 Aussies lost - not
for a moment to trivialise the tragedy for those close to them, but
it's less than one ten-thousandth of the overall tragedy.

I can understand your feelings, Dave, though no such noise is occuring here
about the few Americans who were lost. Still, every single loss is a
tragedy, and I can relate to a country's dwelling on its own. As I write,
the losses are over 110,000, and I doubt that the entire number can ever be
counted.

Horrific.

Diana