Old 30-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Carl Rosner

Thank you Nina for your answer.... I just wanted to add that I switch between several fertilizers, including super Bloom 12-55-6, the Miracid 30-10-10 and Peters 20-20-20. I use each in the last of three watering five days a week. My mixture is 1/4 tweaspoon to a gallon of water.

Carl L. Rosner

PS: I think that should give them a smoorgasbord of fertilizers. I do try and treat them well.

Nina wrote:
Not amusing for me, since this happens to me a lot (luckily, I buy a
smaller size than you do). Nothing should "spoil" the fertilizer in
the short run, although I don't know how stable the chelating agents
are in Miracid, and it's the chelating agents that keep the iron
soluble and available to plants. Overall, the fertilizer should be
fine- especially if you store it outside where it will freeze.

Perhaps your houseplants deserve a special treat!

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++