Old 31-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Margolis

"allyb" wrote in message
ups.com...
Are spray bars normally installed vertically in line with the regular
return, or horizontally, maybe along the bottom at the back to get the
detritus out of hard to reach places? Also, if I wanted to buy
something at the hardware store to make this bar out of, is pvc inert?
What about painting it? Thanks a bunch!

You can place it however you want. Mine is vertical, some people have them
horizontal. some at the top of the tank, some at the bottom. I use
marineland magnum 350 intake tubes for the spray bar. Just silicone the two
pieces together and plug up the end and then drill holes up and down it's
length. You can also use pvc. It is harmless in an aquarium and is
actually used quite often. pvc glue is also harmless as long as it has
cured.

Paint is another story, paint won't stick to the plastic and will flake off.
It is possible to die pvc somewhat, but I have never tried that.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm