Old 31-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Kay

In article , Chap david.chap@nospamb
tinternet.com writes
I am trying to find websites showing patio designs/layouts so I can get
ideas. I have looked at WH Smith for magazines and books but can't seem to
find anything. I just want to get ideas.

If anyone knows of any books magazines or websites please e-mail me at
or reply to group.

Books with 'small gardens' or 'town gardens' in the title are good for
patio designs. I have one by David Stevenson which is good for
inspiration, also Roy Strong did one which has a few plans in it.

If you can get to a Waterstones, they're better than WH Smiths for
gardening ... take a day over it, browse as many books as you can and
buy the most useful.

Depending on your timescale, also visit a few gardens - look for the
'yellow book' of gardens open to the public for charity - there will be
a number of small private gardens open, and they're the best to look at
for ideas that will work in a reasonable sized space as opposed to an
estate.
--
Kay