Old 01-01-2005, 12:27 PM
dean

Default Hedge cutting advice required

Hi to the group. I have a quick question regarding my tree hedge in my
garden. It is about 10 feet tall consisting of Castlewellan Gold and
Leylandii trees. The trees were planted about 12 years ago. I am hoping to
cut about 4 ft off as soon as possible. I am asking when is the best time to
do it, as I want to have a minimum effect on the birds and other wildlife. I
dont know a lot about these things. Would it make sense for me to cut in mid
January, or would this adversely affect the birdlife that often sit in the
trees. Thanx in advance.

www.portadown.50megs.com