Old 02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Elliot Richmond

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 12:30:52 -0600, Willie Buck Merle
wrote:

Happy holidays and hope you are doing well. We're having a first-time
gnat infestation (6 year-old home) and would appreciate some advice. I
first noticed the problem at a window sill the last week of Nov while
I was setting up the xmas tree. We didn't seem to have noticed
anything then but now it is annoying enough. Where are some other
places they might nest?... Tommorrow I'm going to check out everything
and wouldn't mind some directions (Mr. Brady?), TIA.

Are they edible?

Seriously, this question could be on topic is they are fruit flies,
which is a good possibility. Did you receive a gift of citrus fruit
from the Valley? Fruit flies are as tiny as gnats.

If fruit flies are the problem, just make sure all of your fruit,
especially bananas, are in sealed containers or the fridge. The fruit
flies will all die in a few days.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor