Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Loki

il Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:50:27 -0500, Steve ha scritto:

Magdalena Bassett wrote:

Are there newsgroups which talk directly about organic garlic growing?
Thanks
Magdalena Bassett

There seem to be newsgroups on every conceivable subject, but.....
I think you are getting a little too specialized to expect a group on
just that.
There is the newsgroup "rec.gardens.organic". I just took a look at that
and they only had 10 new threads started in the last year and some
(most?) of those were spam. No help there.

There are also some sites just on garlic, unfortunately I can't view
them well but a Google on garlic will find them. Garlicworld was one.
http://www.garlicworld.co.uk/garden/page4.html

And this has a chat on garlic
http://www.naturalhub.com/grow_veget...ype_garlic.htm

And those are just on the first page of a search on garlic
cultivation.

My garlic are currently covered in rust and I suspect the only
solution is to wave a flame thrower over the soil to kill any spores.
However I don't have one handy. ;-). It also seems to be a growing
problem, Only the leeks are immune it seems.
--
Cheers,