Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Garry Nixon

My garlic are currently covered in rust and I suspect the only
solution is to wave a flame thrower over the soil to kill any spores.
However I don't have one handy. ;-). It also seems to be a growing
problem, Only the leeks are immune it seems.
--
Cheers,
Loki

I found this problemin 2003. The advice I had was that if you grew no
members of this family (allium is it?): onions, leeks, garlic for several
seasons, then the spores, virus whatever the hell it is, would die. I say
'several years' because I've been given all kinds of different advice. But
I grew none this last year, and will grow none next, and keep my fingers
crossed and plant some in 2006. It's a poor state of affairs, having to buy
garlic from a shop

I agree it seems to be an increasing problem.

Good luck with it.

Garry
http://pigstyave.blogspot.com/