Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 PM
dean

"Mike" wrote in message
That would go along with my experience of being stopped in the tree
lopping/clearing situation in about April/May.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past
"ned" wrote in message
dean wrote:

snip

Thanx for the advice Mike. I was actually inquiring as to what month
of the year is best, as I didnt want to disturb the wildlife and
birds, which are very important to me. What is the least harmful
month, such as when birds are not nesting etc.

I think you have to strike a compromise. If you were to trim now,
there is the chance of frost damage to the exposed new growth points
of the hedge.
Full marks for your conservation concerns but I hardly think that
trimming one hedge in the nesting season will constitute a
conservation tragedy.

For what its worth, the new farming legislation on countryside
conservation, I believe, forbids hedge trimming during the period 1st
March to 31st August.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 30.12.2004

Thanx everyone. I will leave it for a few weeks. happy new year
Dean