Old 03-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Bill Orr

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Find out how to prune grapes/muscadines the right way. What you did is OK,
but you will increase your crop size if you prune them right.

You don't say where your are, but when we lived in AR the county extension
had printed literature to give out that showed you how. I also visited a
man who grew them in his yard and he taught me a lot from his patch.

What I would do now with your plants, is put up a line on fence posts over
your plant (s) now (unless you already have one), and in the spring train
one main sprout to go to the top of your fence ( approx 6 ft high). Then
start it growing both directions on the fence. I would also have a second
fence about 3 ft high, and start sprouts each direction at that level. Let
each of these 4 sprouts grow to about 6 ft long each, then prune off the
ends.

Send me your e-mail address and I will send your my instructions on planting
and caring for muscadines

Dwayne

**
Thanks, Dwayne. I never turn down good advice. My email address is below. I
live on the Gulf Coast.

Bill Orr