Old 03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
JennyC

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
This afternoon I was beginning to dig a hole in order to plant a tree in
some rough grass. About four inches down, a frog was sleeping apparently
in the middle of a lump of quite solid heavyish clay,
I hadn't realised frogs hibernate underground. It was particularly
surprising (and pleasing) because having lived here nearly seven years
and in spite of having three ponds, I've only ever seen three frogs.
Perhaps my efforts to create an irresistible environment for them are
beginning to succeed.
Janet G

Good job your spade wasn't three inches further over :~(
Jenny