Old 03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Phil L

Janet Galpin wrote:
:: This afternoon I was beginning to dig a hole in order to plant a
:: tree in some rough grass. About four inches down, a frog was
:: sleeping apparently in the middle of a lump of quite solid
:: heavyish clay,
:: I hadn't realised frogs hibernate underground. It was particularly
:: surprising (and pleasing) because having lived here nearly seven
:: years and in spite of having three ponds, I've only ever seen
:: three frogs. Perhaps my efforts to create an irresistible
:: environment for them are beginning to succeed.
:: Janet G

We regularly get them wintering under bags of compost etc...i suppose they
are susceptible to frost like other creatures...

--
http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/