Old 06-01-2005, 05:28 AM
JGnNC

"Jared Richardson" wrote in message
om...
Where do the gurus here buy their seeds from?

Hi Jared,

My absolute favorite catalog (and source) for tomatoes is:
http://tomatogrowers.com/
There are about 35 pages of tomato varieties this year.

The prices are reasonable, and in the last 6 years I've never had any
delivery problems, and I've had great germination rates from the tomatoes
and peppers. They specialize in that they only sell tomato, peppers (sweet
and hot), and in the last few years have added eggplant. They have two
varieties of German Johnson this year,
located on this page http://tomatogrowers.com/beefsteaks2.htm

My wife's absolute favorite is their "1st Prize" variety, listed in their
mid-season varieties (it seems to do well for me in my yard anyway, and she
loves the flavor and the texture):
http://tomatogrowers.com/midseason.htm

Anyway, their paper catalog is my favorite seed catalog every winter (at
least for vegetables). They have excellent write ups on all the varieties,
and it really makes you yearn for spring. I think it may be safe to say that
it may be the most extensive selection of tomato seeds offered by any single
company. You can also buy bulk seed from them up to a quarter ounce, but you
have to call them or have the paper catalog to get the pricing on that.
http://tomatogrowers.com/large.htm

They have the "sweet million", along with about 25 other varieties of cherry
tomatoes.

Best Regards,

Jeff G
Willow Spring,