Old 07-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Mike

"datsy" wrote in message

My daughter texted us a short while ago from Thailand where 2005 is
already
in :-))

So glad your daughter is one of the ones who is OK!

Many thanks :-)) She flew out to Bangkok just before Christmas and went
straight up North to Chiang Mai and a few places round there, including an
Elephant ride in Burma :-))

On Boxing Day, just after the Earthquake, (which she didn't feel but felt
the aftershock tremors), their Rep told them all of the devastation and what
was showing around the world, and told them to telephone/text home to say
that they are OK, hence the text we got. Someone from work rang her to see
if she was OK!!.

They spend a few days up north and then came down to the beaches on the east
coast of Thailand and there was no damage at all and they were able to 'do
the normal things' as all tourists do.

She didn't see any damage at all and we are all thinking of making Christmas
and the New Year out there next year :-))

Only one thing :-(( Last year at Christmas she was in China and on the Great
Wall on Christmas Day. And what happened in China last Christmas? The SARS
epidemic :-(( She was OK through that too

Mike