Old 08-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Andrew G

"lantzmich" wrote in message
news:1104274892.3293928c3a2556a1f2c2b73bc226fed0@t eranews...

I am trying to find a good tree for bonsai in zone 7. I am looking for
the best for my zone, and one that is easily trained. I will be needing
about 20 to line my driveway.

--
lantzmich

Hi
Going out on a limb here, and TRY to answer your question. Unfortunately, me
being from Australia, "zones" mean nothing to me.
Quick growing, suitable bonsai are some of the ficus varieties. However, due
to the strong root system they would have to be root pruned twice a year,
which is possible with ficus (here in oz anyway), otherwise you may
eventually find your driveway cracking and lifting.
I understand your idea, and it would look good however i'd be wary of theft.
No matter where you live, there may be someone willing to steal these plants
from the ground for themselves or to sell. I know one or two people jumped
to the conclusion thinking you were a troll or after a hedge. As I said, it
would look nice if only it weren't for the theft problem.
If you were genuinely asking a question, then I apologise for the others
stupid harsh remarks. Failing my help or others, the best place to try is
possibly a local nursery who may have an idea of suitable bonsai for your
area.
Good luck with it.
Cheers
Andrew