Old 03-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Jade plants are very tough, for the most part. I actually gave one to my dad! As a rule of thumb, water once per week. The pick in the soil method is better, but Jade do better with too little water than too much. If they get a lot of light, the edges of the leaves take on a really pretty red color. You can't really wire them very effectively, but pinch and grow works exceptionally well. If you pinch out the newly forming leaves at the end of a branch, you will almost always get a Y branching as a result. You can also propogate them by simply sticking a leaf in some soil!

May not be "truly bonsai", but they are fun to play with; hard to kill; and are neat looking little "trees."

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++