Old 03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Bubba

Loki wrote:

Hi, I've been looking around the web for information of whether junk
mail burnt is safe or advisable to use as a source of ash in the
garden or compost pile. But I haven't found anything useful yet. This
is junk mail (glossy, semi and non glossy) mostly with colour
printing. Anyone any ideas?

I'm not sure I'd burn it, but it can certainly be composted (or used for
mulch). The US banned heavy metals in inks years ago, and I've read
from numerous sources that colored inks actually benefit the soil. Worm
composting however, should not (I've read) contain colored inks.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?