Old 08-01-2005, 10:15 PM

with my netting and veggie filter I dont seem to get any much on my koi pond... but I
dont have a veggie filter on teh GF or orfe pond AND no net the whole pond gets
mucked up every year after the leaves fall. so in spring I got somebody comes and
removes all the muck. one falls worth of stuff doesnt seem to be that bad, but this
year I am putting up netting over the ponds!!!!! and they are both getting veggie
filters. Ingrid

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Well, if _that's_ what you're saying, I agree with you :-) Ingrid's next
point is pretty good too - I do try to get the majority of the muck
vacuumed out before the pond freezes over. I certainly don't keep the
bottom spotless, even in Winter, but I do try to limit the muck to an
amount that can't develop serious anaerobic pockets.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.