Old 09-01-2005, 07:41 AM
p00kie

"Tom2" wrote in message

Thanks folks I really am gleaning lots of useful information to a couple
of questions I have posted on this site and at the risk of appearing a
bit of a pest may I pose another one,
I have had my interest aroused concerning Brugmansias and datura I am
inclined to favour Daturas but where do I get the seeds in the british
isles, and of course any growing tips will be greatly appreciated.
Tom2

--
Tom2

Thompson & Morgan do both seed types:
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/index
A search on the quick index on the left for either A or B and you should
find them.
Also you could try looking in the seed sections of a few garden centres as
I've come across them there ... in spring some centres have small plants on
sale as well.
Neither are really hardy (most likly half hardy or frost tender) and would
need overwintering indoors (greenhouse etc). I'd suggest well drained soil
and definately full sun.
http://www.brugmansia.us/ is a US website that may help.
Also found this:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/...xia&CAN=COMIND