Old 09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Allyb

"Rick" wrote in message

"Matt C." wrote in message
I am pretty sure i have a bunch of baby Ramshorn snails in my tank. They

are
tiny, like 1/16" they have the definite "rams horn" shell and are
carrying
the shell off to one side.

I have heard and read these can be bad for plants. I havent added
anything
to my tank in about two months, but about three weeks ago i took a few
(7)
baby MTS from my brothers tank and put them in mine. I guess they werent

all
MTS.

I have a loach but if he is eating them, hes not doing a good job of it.

Do
i have to worry while they are babies? should I pick out each one when i

see
them?

Thanx,
Matt

you can pick till hell freezes over but will never get rid of those
snails.
They are like cockroaches, if you can see 10 then you have a thousand
hidden
elsewhere. Get yourself a couple of clown loaches if your tank size
permits
and the tank will be snail free pretty quick, if not then use a piece of
cucumber or similar vegetable attached to a rock or perhaps an uplift tube
from a sponge filter with an elastic band and frequently clean the snails
off . You will be amazed at how many there will be.

Rick