Old 09-01-2005, 11:57 PM
p00kie

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:54:36 -0000, "Oxymel of Squill"
wrote:

Anyone have any wise words on these?
I had one in London which did really well. You could give it a good shake
and the nuts would cover the ground.
Now I'm in Wisbech, I planted 3 different varieties (labels have all faded
of course) 4 years ago and they're not keen. Still very short and straggly
and no signs of catkins up to last season. Do they need any special
attention?
cheers
Jon

I'd be interested to know too. Someone (a squirrel?) planted one on my
allotment. It's had 2 years now. How long before I can expect nuts?

Pam in Bristol

From nut .. anywhere upward of 5 years I hear .. also two different
varieties close together helps fruiting better as the pollen is wind borne.
HTH