Old 11-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Ozdude

"default" wrote in message
oups.com...

Just a cautiionary: did you bathe the wild plants in Alum to rid them

of any
parasites or snails?

Just wondering?

Oz

I was thinking along those lines, but didn't know the treatment. I
have a 20g running along doing nothing at the moment so the plants are
in there. I"m watching them, kinda an experiment. No visible bugs
have come off them yet. Before I put them in a real tank I'll plunge
them in bleach.

I've just discovered that Australian Eel Grass is actually a strain of
Vallisineria and it likes warm water too. I've seen a native hypgrophillia
with it up the road in the park's lake. You've got me thinking now........

My Chinese Loach died this afternoon, so when I get over that I might do as
you have done and break the 10Gal down and quarantine some wild plants in it

Oz