Old 11-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Kay

In article , abraham
writes
I need approx 4 mature trees 13 foot high to plant at the end of my garden
after the man at the back cut down all his large trees to buid an extension.
I can get leyllandi at £74.00 but there may be a law against tall leyllandi.

The law applies to any nuisance hedge, not just leylandii. Talk to your
neighbour to see if he would regard it as a nuisance. It needs regularly
trimming (sides as well as top), and he would have to do that his side,
or allow you access to do it.

Is there any other options available. A spanich man who lives in my street
said to try Figs but I fear they will not grow to 13 foot for several years
and would attract squireels

Very big and sprawly, not very dense for their size. I wouldn't have
thought squirrels a problem - they don't go for my figs.
--
Kay