Old 11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Richard

In article ,
Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Ozdude" wrote in message
u...
snip
I think Hydrogen Peroxide might be better:

http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/doc...per.shtml#h2o2

and

http://www.aquaticrealm.com/index.ph..._view&id=10015

snip

Some great links. I have added a new section on our web site to store them,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/Treatmen...rogenPeroxide/.

I've been playing with H2O2 in aquaria for the past few months. It's pretty
usefull.

WHen you drain a tank to change water wipe the glass with it. You've never
seen it so clean, no more scraping algae.

It'll kill red (black/hall/bba) algae at very low doses - 1-2cc/gal. It
doesn't seem to hurt green algae much. It will kill your iron and of course
cause an ammonia spike from dead alage do you need to deal withthat (bit
water changes).

As a dip, 3000ppm (10:1 3% to water) for 4 minutes seems to kill snails,
all alage and anything non-plant.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org