Old 11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Jim Lewis

On 11 Jan 2005 at 9:11, Tim Ahlen wrote:

I surprised myself. Last Spring, I attempted two approach grafts to fill in
some empty spaces on a long term JBP project, and they both took! I
unwrapped the grafts this morning and was surprised at how well they have
healed over in just the one year.

Questions-- (1) When do I cut off the part of the old branch that is below
the graft? Do I do it all at once or should I peal the bark off over a
period of time? (2) What kind of after-care do I give it to ensure a strong
connection at the trunk? (3) When is it safe to begin bending it down to a
more natural angle?

Based ONLY on what I've read, I would wait another year before
cutting the connection.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --