Old 12-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:47:10 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Timothy wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding
my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol I'm
running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a
bigger mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

I've never cut grass for a living so far, Tim. I've fed 1200-1400 lawns
since 1978 tho, so I'm only going to cut 35- 45 of the good ones, with no
fence gates to contend with and such.

This is sort of an experiment for me.

That's a good deal of cash to invest for an experiment, but to each his
own.It won't loose it's value over a season or two. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to stand
on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to you and
enjoy cutting those mid-western lawns ;0)

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com