Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Steveo

Default Skag 52 ZTR

Anyone have one to post a revue?

TIA
Old 12-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:02:46 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Anyone have one to post a revue?

TIA

I don't have one, so I can't post about it per-say, I'm a toro man myself.
You may want to check these sites out, they may have some information for
you.

http://www.compacttractorreview.com/

http://grounds-mag.com/ (may have and artical or two on scag..?)

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 12-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Steveo

Timothy wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:02:46 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Anyone have one to post a revue?

TIA

I don't have one, so I can't post about it per-say, I'm a toro man
myself. You may want to check these sites out, they may have some
information for you.

http://www.compacttractorreview.com/

http://grounds-mag.com/ (may have and artical or two on scag..?)

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding
my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding my
breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol I'm
running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a bigger
mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 12-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Steveo

Timothy wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding
my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol I'm
running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a bigger
mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

I've never cut grass for a living so far, Tim. I've fed 1200-1400 lawns
since 1978 tho, so I'm only going to cut 35- 45 of the good ones, with no
fence gates to contend with and such.

This is sort of an experiment for me.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:47:10 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Timothy wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding
my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol I'm
running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a
bigger mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

I've never cut grass for a living so far, Tim. I've fed 1200-1400 lawns
since 1978 tho, so I'm only going to cut 35- 45 of the good ones, with no
fence gates to contend with and such.

This is sort of an experiment for me.

That's a good deal of cash to invest for an experiment, but to each his
own.It won't loose it's value over a season or two. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to stand
on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to you and
enjoy cutting those mid-western lawns ;0)

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 12-01-2005, 05:53 AM
GFRfan

Steveo wrote:
Timothy wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding
my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol I'm
running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a bigger
mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

I've never cut grass for a living so far, Tim. I've fed 1200-1400 lawns
since 1978 tho, so I'm only going to cut 35- 45 of the good ones, with no
fence gates to contend with and such.

This is sort of an experiment for me.

Where are you located Steveo?

Old 12-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Steveo

Timothy wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not
holding my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with
bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol
I'm running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a
bigger mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

I've never cut grass for a living so far, Tim. I've fed 1200-1400 lawns
since 1978 tho, so I'm only going to cut 35- 45 of the good ones, with
no fence gates to contend with and such.

This is sort of an experiment for me.

That's a good deal of cash to invest for an experiment,

'Good deal of' is relative in this case, the end justifies the mean.

but to each his
own.It won't loose it's value over a season or two. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to stand
on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to you and
enjoy cutting those mid-western lawns ;0)

That's it right there in a nutshell. I'm not concerned with the mowers
cost, I was looking for an opinion from an owner.

Thanks for the kind words tho.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Steveo

GFRfan wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Timothy wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:31:17 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Thanks anyway, Tim. I'm looking for a hands on revue, but not holding
my breath. Looks like a fairly tuff cutter..$8400 USD with bagger.

Anyone own one?

'olly crap, for that price it better come with a drink holder...lol I'm
running a toro 37 proline atm. I decided If I ever needed to get a
bigger mower, I'm mowing way too much grass 8)

I've never cut grass for a living so far, Tim. I've fed 1200-1400 lawns
since 1978 tho, so I'm only going to cut 35- 45 of the good ones, with
no fence gates to contend with and such.

This is sort of an experiment for me.

Where are you located Steveo?

I'm SW of Cleveland Ohio, in Medina.

Old 14-01-2005, 11:14 AM
op4_camper

.. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to stand
on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to you and

If you can mow 3 -4 acres in a hour with a 37 inch walk behind I have a
whole lot of work for you.

Old 14-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Steveo

"op4_camper" wrote:
. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to
stand on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to you
and

If you can mow 3 -4 acres in a hour with a 37 inch walk behind I have a
whole lot of work for you.

I have a slight interest in the smaller ZTR's that will fit through a
36" fence gate, since most of the yards I'd be cutting are in the 12K
or less range and have fences. The trouble being, those small ZTR's are
not much less expensive than the 52's.

Any suggestions?
Old 15-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Timothy

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:53:18 +0000, Steveo wrote:

"op4_camper" wrote:
. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to
stand on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to
you and

If you can mow 3 -4 acres in a hour with a 37 inch walk behind I have a
whole lot of work for you.

I have a slight interest in the smaller ZTR's that will fit through a 36"
fence gate, since most of the yards I'd be cutting are in the 12K or less
range and have fences. The trouble being, those small ZTR's are not much
less expensive than the 52's.

Any suggestions?

As far as the 36" gates go, there are only one of your worries. You need
to factor in other general obstacles such as trees, fences and the like.
After many years of using different equiptment, I personally feel the the
toro 36 or 37 is just about the perfect mower for 1.5 acre or less. I can
fit through most any gate out there and I can ring most trees within two
inches. Takes me no time at all to add on the velkey (sulkey) or to remove
it, so I can change up or down depending on the lawn that needs to be
done. If I have a larger lawn, less complicated lawn, I put on the velkey
and fly right through. This is my mower:
http://www.toro.com/professional/lce...bar/30187.html

Atm I have the single wheel sulkey, but will be buying the nice two
wheeled sulkey this season:

http://www.toro.com/professional/lce...ess_sulky.html

Like I said before, you end up standing instead of sitting, but to each
his own. The best part is that Toro Proline products are completly
American made.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 15-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Steveo

"op4_camper" wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tim, I'll give that serious consideration. Part of my selection
process includes dealer proximity to my warehouse, there a about 5 of
them that are close enough, but none are Toro dealers.
Old 17-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Steveo

"Justbrilliant" wrote:
Steveo, do you have experience with ZTR's?

This will be my first.

I have a Bobcat with 61"
it was 2 yrs old with 1400 hours. I bought it from a commercial outfit
for $3k with a trac vac. I am above average on maintainence, and not
faint of heart.

Huh?

I have 3 acres with a lot of trees. I learned the hard
way not to hose it, or power wash it.

Why not?

There cannot be a better
application for a ZTR, especially in the fall with the Trac Vac. My
neighbors have services that come in and the commercial guys around here
are buying Dixie Choppers. The latest models look far beyond what ZTRs
were just a couple of years ago.

I thought about Dixie Chopper but there's no dealer close enough to me.
I'll only buy from a local guy.

ZTRs are many steps up for maintenance, believe me.

Ever own a scag?