Old 12-01-2005, 08:32 AM
pete

Default Port Lincoln bush fires S.A

Hi Everyone, maybe you've heard on the news the devastating bush fires
on the Eyre Peninsula SA and specifically around Port Lincoln.

The whole area has been gutted and there have been reports of 8 dead and
another 12 missing in the area.
The fire was traveling at 70 klm per hour yesterday when we had temps of
over 41 degrees with gale force Northerly winds.
As the winds turned Westerly later yesterday we could smell the smoke as
it blew towards us over the Gulf.

Some of the regulars who have been here a while would remember Wes
Trotman a regular poster here at one time, Wes lived around the Port
Lincoln area at that time (I don't know if he still does).

I hope you'll join me in wishing Wes and Ros and all their family and
friends the best in these terrible times, I havent heard from Wes since
he last posted here, I found an email address for him on another
discussion group but my email got returned with a "non deliverable" message.

So Wes if you are out there mate, let us know you are ok .. and if
anyone has kept in touch with Wes, please let him know we are thinking
of him.

So many natural disasters .... so fragile is life.

Pete