Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Derek Broughton

Newbie Bill wrote:

snip ps - My tropical is still blooming??

Braggart!

LOL! Actually I am as much surprised as anything. This is the end of my
first year so this 'phase' is still new too me. However, when I was given
it I was told don't expect blooms past Sept 1. Ecspecially since it was a
bare root pot jumper I did suspect this was not the norm

"bare root pot jumper" implies you have good, and balanced, supplies of all
the necessary nutrients - nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Odds are
good that you don't have a big algae problem, either.

I'm a strong proponent of growing lilies bare-root if you can. They need to
be waited down, if you do that, but they have no real need for a planting
medium, and bare-root means there's nothing to restrict their access to
nutrients.
--
derek