Old 13-01-2005, 09:56 AM
mothman mothman is offline
Registered User

"Welcome Chris,

What things have you planted to encourage the wildlife ?"

Thanks Phil

well to be honest its not so much wildlife friendly rather than just wildflowers though they do attract plenty.

Oxeye daisy, wild clematis, wild honeysuckle, ivy, vipers bugloss, salad burnet, marjoram, tansy, hemp agrimony,burnet saxifrage, broom, bluebells, snowdrops, red & white campion, common & red valerian,teasel,various st johns worts & cranesbills, hedge woundwort,birds foot trefoil,hogweed,hop,mulleins, common & musk mallow,field, small & devils bit scabious the list goes on and on shrubs & trees include birch, hawthorn, buckthorn, blackthorn, dogrose. I'll need some time if you want the full list lol.

The good thing is, since starting 4 years ago, I have had 21 butterfly species visit the garden and recorded some other quite rare species of sawfly and ichneumon wasp. the "weed patch" as the other half affectionately calls it is 2 borders 4ft x 12ft. I haven't told her about the nettles yet.

Chris